Monday, April 14, 2014

My 150 Favorite Movies - #139

High Fidelity (2000)

High Fidelity is a terrific movie, based on a terrific book, by Nick Hornby. It takes place mainly in a record store, and stars John Cusack as Rob, who is fond of making music lists, and is thus a character after my own heart. And it includes one of my all-time favorite exchanges of dialogue in a movie (Jack Black plays Barry):

Customer: Hi, do you have the song "I Just Called To Say I Love     You?" It's for my daughter's birthday.
Barry: Yea we have it.
Customer: Great great... Well, can I have it?
Barry: No, you can't.
Customer: Why not?!
Barry: Because it's sentimental tacky crap that's why. Do we look like a store that sells "I Just Called to Say I Love You"? Go to the mall!
Customer: What's your problem?!
Barry: Do you even know your daughter? There's no way she likes that song! Oh oh oh wait! Is she in a coma?




I have written previously about this movie here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home