Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pressure, Self-Induced


I think I have FINALLY found a focus for this blog - my ongoing stress due to panic about my not being able to read all the books I own before I shuffle off this mortal coil. To that end, I am actually now trying to get rid of some of my books and brought about 5 of them to the library yesterday to donate (and was thrilled late in the day when I saw them being taken by a library page - yay! they've found a good home!) So why, then, did I need to stop at my local Borders on the way home (and WHY does the theft detector always ring when I walk in there - am I part metal?) and rebuy two of the books I just gave up (Tropic of Cancer and Candide)? To be honest, the books I gave away were in such poor condition, that if I tried to read them I would have just launched into an asthma attack...MORE ON THIS TOPIC LATER...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home