Thursday, January 22, 2009

Freedom's Just Another Word


So they're closing Guantanamo Bay. Apparently. And on a wholly unrelated note, a friend of mine told me about a new show called something like Don't Forget the Lyrics. Well, just wrap up all the prizes and give them to me right now, as I never forget the lyrics. To anything. Ever. Except perhaps for Me and Bobby McGee, which I heard Kris Kristofferson sing last night on Elvis Costello's Spectacle, and when I tried to sing it myself later, couldn't remember the line after "Busted flat in Baton Rouge..."
Which would be the second line in.

1 Comments:

Blogger charles said...

heading for a train, feeling ever faded as my jeans. Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained got me all the way to New Orleans.....and so on....Something like that in the middle of the night in my bed in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.Sung this song so many times, it's kindof edged in my mind.
Peculiar, I'm just a couple of clicks away from the movie I'm watching on my laptop. Wanted to read some reviews on ''the reader". There isn't anything much in Dutch, so I tried English and suddenly I'm in a different, NY, world on Helens Blog.
Had a nice lookaround on some links, like housingtherapy.Great.Being a therapist myself I must recommend it to some people.
Greetings, Charley, Amsterdam, feb 6, 2009, 5.09.

8:11 PM, February 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home