Monday, September 01, 2008

My whirlwind holiday weekend


While I did not get away this weekend (unless you count Home Depot as "away"), and though I did not get to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona, or Tropic Thunder, or even Pineapple Express, I did get to watch the Weather Channel, and read the Daily Kos for news on Hurricane Gustav, and Hurricane Whose Baby Is It Anyway, respectively. I also bought a book at Borders called 1001 Buildings You Must See Before You Die (or in my case, "1001 Buildings You Must Read About Before You Die"). Amazingly enough, I did get to a few of the buildings depicted, including Versailles, the Transamerica Pyramid, the Gamble House, the Louvre, the Tate Modern, and Fallingwater. Even more amazing are some the buildings left out, including Coit Tower, Centre Pompidou, and the Eiffel Tower (there are other towers listed, by the way). Time for a 2nd edition, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home