Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why I can't join your book group


  • Because piles of newspapers I haven't read yet are mushrooming around me (please don't tell me that Hillary's out)
  • Because I cannot deviate from my Lifetime Reading Plan, and your book did not make the cut
  • Because I am old, and if I put down the book I am currently reading to read your selection, when I go back to my book, I will have forgotten what it's about
  • Because I am a slow reader
  • A very slow reader
  • Painfully s-l-o-w
  • Because, unfortunately, I have over-Googled and now have the concentration of a flea

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Have you sent this to McSweeney's? Because this is totoally a McSweeney's list.

5:46 AM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Fred said...

BTW, does this mean you're not coming to the Chick Lit meeting?

7:55 AM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Helene H. said...

1) I sent a tweaked version to McSweeney's.
2) Iffy - we'll speak.

3:17 PM, June 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home