Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Greetings from the Emerald City, or my vacation, updated



Despite its crunchy granola reputation (and it does feel like San Francisco on 'ludes), Seattle didn't get to where it is by playing it soft, unless you mean Microsoft. It is also the birthplace of Amazon, Starbucks and Boeing, all good things on God's green earth. Here's a partial list of things I saw and did:
Tacoma Museum of Glass (their t-shirts say "nice glass")
Dinner at Anthony's Homeport in Kirkland
Dinner at Brasa
Wine Tasting tour
Snoqualmie Falls
Dinner at Cutter's
A visit with my friend Mitchell who will be having a show at the Lisa Harris Gallery in July
A visit to the new Library downtown
A visit with Maryte who works at the library in Green Lake
Some SLA-ing with my friend who was there for the conference
The Elliott Bay Book Company, the world's greatest bookstore IMHO
And like the song says, the trees are always green...(or something like that)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

This is much better!

I'm off today. I'm taking Caleigh and my niece out to lunch and shopping. I need to go clean my car so they will have a place to sit.

BTW, have you seen the work of this great photographer?:

http://www.elizabetholeshphotography.com

6:13 AM, June 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home