Friday, December 14, 2007

May I take your order now?


After viewing the late Adrienne Shelly's sublimely whimsical Waitress (2007) on DVD yesterday evening (starring the ever angelic Keri Russell), I got to thinking about some of my favorite waitress-related music:
Sweetheart (Waitress in a Donut Shop) / Maria Muldaur
She's a Waitress (and I'm in Love) / 5 Chinese Brothers
Tip That Waitress! / Loudon Wainwright III
Lawyers, Guns and Money / Warren Zevon (not strictly speaking about waitresses, but it does contain the immortal lyric "I went home with the waitress/the way I always do/how was I to know/she was with the Russians too?")
and, it being the season, after all..
Christmas Wrapping / The Waitresses

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I am home today - a "victim" of the Great Manorhaven Water Main Break.

12:04 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Helene H. said...

O, how I envy you!

1:42 PM, December 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another waitress tune: I've Been to Memphis (Lyle Lovett, Joshua Judges Ruth) and one of my favorites of his! I look forward to seeing the Waitress DVD now since I value your reviews!
Marcy

9:12 PM, December 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A waitress features prominently in Bob Dylan's "Highlands".

11:59 PM, May 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home