Saturday, August 11, 2007

Books I simply MUST read before I die!


Despite the fact that most visitors to this site appear to be looking for news about Tony Soprano (is he still dead?), I will persist in my foolishness about books - a short list of titles that (like the book says) I must read:
Anna Karenina and Madame Bovary (and is there any truth to the rumor that these two are the same book?)
Can You Forgive Her? (for the title alone, if for no other reason)
Cousin Bette
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling
Women in Love and Sons and Lovers
Tristram Shandy
The Pickwick Papers
A Dance to the Music of Time
and many, many, more

And here are some books that I most likely will never get to:
Don Quixote
Moby Dick
Crime and Punishment
Ulysses (the novel by Joyce, not the character from Greek tragedy)
War and Peace
In Search of Lost Time (and aren't we all?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Crime and Punishment is one of the most perfect books Fred has ever read. He highly recommends it to you!

2:53 PM, August 13, 2007  
Blogger Helene H. said...

Yes, actually, I think I will probably read it.

8:06 AM, August 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home