Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My New Favorite Show


Just when I was about to cancel HBO, along comes Flight of the Conchords, about a New Zealand folk-pop duo who move to New York to increase their chances of "making it." The plotlines make Everybody Loves Raymond look densely topical, but they devolve into a kind of mini-musical with ultra-quirky lyrics ("those aren't tears of sadness because you're leaving me, I've just been cutting onions") and characters (their fan base consists of one fan, but she's obsessed). If you like movies like The Royal Tenenbaums, you would probably enjoy this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Yey! You're posting again!

6:30 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Helene H. said...

May I say I find agriculture very sustaining?

7:35 PM, July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home