Monday, May 28, 2007

Desert Island DVDs - Comedy, Continued


#4 - Tootsie (1982) - This film contains at least 3 of my favorite lines of dialogue from any motion picture - 1) "Nobody does vegetables like me. I did an evening of vegetables off-Broadway." (Dustin, as Michael Dorsey, defending his acting choices re: playing a tomato for a TV commercial); 2) "Don't play hard to get" (Bill Murray as Dustin's roommate Jeff, advising him as a "woman"); 3) "I begged you to get some therapy" (Sydney Pollack as Dustin's agent, on first seeing him dressed as a woman). A perfect movie to watch again and again as it is not only riotously funny but the characterizations are acutely on-target, and the plot is densely chewy, if not absolutely nutty!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

7:21 AM, February 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home