Friday, April 20, 2007

Little Miss S.


Last night I had the opportunity to see multi-tasker extraordinaire (and candidate for funniest woman alive) Amy Sedaris, up close and personal, speaking about her best-selling book I Like You: Entertaining Under the Influence (see also my blog of October 21) at South Side High School in Rockville Centre. Among other things, she shared the news that she is now at work on a television show loosely based on the book to be produced by Letterman and Sarah Jessica Parker. Afterwards, she signed copies for the audience (in mine she wrote "magic happens") and sold homemade "magic wands" for $3 apiece -- a girl's gotta make a buck! And I would be remiss if I didn't also report that she is every bit as charming on the stage as she is on the page, film, and TV.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Sounds like a really fun evening. I don't get to do things like that often enough but (eventhough its a bit silly) I always find it awe-inspiring to meet authors, performers, etc. Sure, they are just like us, but their exposure in that medium makes them seem different somehow.

5:20 AM, April 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home