Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Funky Divas


...More songs I can't get out of my head (R&B-wise)....

1) Beyonce: Irreplaceable
Pop's reigning Princess brings it (at least I think that's what the kids say)

2) Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam: Head to Toe
The quintessential stuck-like-glue-in-the-head pure pop song

3) Amii Stewart: Knock on Wood
Still going strong umpteen years later

4) TLC: Waterfalls
"Instantly memorable" - amg Guide

5) Pussycat Dolls: Don't Cha
This year's "Bootylicious." For good or for ill (illin?)

6) Aretha Franklin: Daydreaming
My 8th grade anthem. If you know anyone who does not love this song, please check for a pulse. It was either going to be this or, oh, ok, AND

7) Aretha Franklin: Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
Gotta love the way she sings "WinDOH-pane!"

8) Whitney Houston: It's Not Right, But it's Okay
In my humble opinion, which also happens to coincide with scientific fact, her best song since, like, ever

9) En Vogue: My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
Not merely a song, it's also a philosophy

10) Doris Day: Que Sera, Sera
Old School!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home