Friday, November 24, 2006

Dark Clouds Bursting in a Perfect Sky

I've always loved rain, except for driving in or when it's leaking into one's household. I think because when I was a kid, I always wanted to stay in and finish my book, rather than go out and play with the other kids, and a rainy day was a perfect excuse to do just that. My fantasy has always been to sit by the fire, with the dog at my side, reading a good book. Meanwhile, I don't have a fireplace or a dog, and I barely read anymore, since I seem to spend most of my spare time trolling through my e-mail (more about that some other time). However, I am now reading a wonderful book, via e-mail, courtesy of Dailylit.com, which is sending me a page a day of Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White. And, at the rate I'm going I should be able to finish it in just under 10 months!
Rain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home